AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To provide a dynamic network of institutions engaged in Management Education, Training and Research in India.
2. To contribute to the development of Management Education, in all its aspects, both qualitatively and quantitatively and to help maintain and improve standards of teaching, research and examination.
3. To undertake, organize and facilitate training programmes for in-service personnel and their professional development.
4. To help in the accreditation process of Management Education institutions by suggesting specific criteria and evaluation standards of institutions and their programmes.
5. To undertake and provide for the publication of newsletters, journals or other communications for dissemination of ideas and developments in the field of Management Education to member institutions.
6. To institute or cause to set up local/regional chapters at convenient locations in India and to promote the objects of the association more effectively.
7. To cooperate, collaborate and interact with other Associations or Societies - National and International - for helping the cause of Management Education and Research, including training and consultancy.
8. To take steps for the development of management literature, case studies, teaching materials, books, etc., relevant to the Indian context.
9. To actively promote linkages between Management Education institutions and industry, business and government.
10. To strengthen institutional capabilities through faculty development, faculty exchange and enable better use of infrastructural facilities.
11. To organize seminars, conferences, management training, research, consultancy and publication activities in furtherance of the objectives of the Association.
12. To launch common management training, research and consultancy ventures outside India on its own or in collaboration with other management institutions and networks, industries, intergovernmental agencies and other funding organizations.
13. To associate and work in close collaboration with International Management networks with a view to furthering the cause of Management Education and Management Development world-wide.
AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
Introduced in the year 2000, the AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) is a credible option for students seeking admission to prestigious management schools in India. Besides testing the verbal and quantitative skills of the candidate, ATMA also tests the aptitude and creativity which are key requirements for success in the field of management. Both member and non-member institutes can participate in ATMA and also advertise in ATMA bulletin/website. Concessions are available to AIMS members in participation fee as well as advertisement tariff.
Annual Management Education Convention
AIMS organizes an Annual Management Education Convention on the topic of interest to management institutes, management faculty/students, industry and government. The themes of the last five conventions will give a clear perspective of the type of themes selected for the conventions: Leading in Turbulent Times: Role of Management Education, Hyderabad (2009), India 2020; Challenges and Opportunities for Management Education”, New Delhi (2010); Emerging Paradigms in Management-Education”, Bhubaneswar (2011); “Innovative Management Education for Sustainable Development”, Hyderabad (2012); and “Envisioning Management Education”, Navi Mumbai (2013).
On the basis of national competitions/selection, the following prestigious Awards which are in the shape of cash prizes/citations/medals are announced during the Annual Convention.
1. AIMS-ISB-Ivey Global Case Competition
2. AIMS WeSchool Innovation Award
3. AIMS ISM Dr Dharni P Sinha Social Responsibility Award for B-Schools
4. Best Student Paper Award
5. ICFAI Best Teacher Award
6. J L Batra Best Research Paper Award; and
7. Ramaswamy P Aiyar Best Young Teacher Award
Ravi J Matthai National Fellow Award is the flagship award which is also given during the AIMS Annual Convention to management educators and professionals for achieving a high level of distinction in their respective discipline. Some of the recent recipients are Dr Devi Singh, Director, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and Dean Ajit Rangnekar, Indian School of Business (2013); Fr E Abraham SJ, Director, Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur; Prof Shekhar Chaudhuri, Director, Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata and Prof (Dr) Uday Salunkhe, Group Director, Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai (2012); Dr Santrupt Misra, CEO, Carbon Black Business & Director-Group HR, Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd (2011); Dr J J Irani, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIM-Lucknow (2010); Dr Deepak C Jain, former Dean, Kellogg School of Management, Chicago (2009); Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman, Aditya Birla Group (2008); and Dr C Rangarajan, former RBI Governor and Governor of Andhra Pradesh (2007).
Faculty Development Programs
AIMS conducts faculty development programs at various member institutes in India.
AIMS National Management Week
Starting from August, 2012, AIMS is celebrating AIMS National Management Week during 1st to 7th August. Top 3 institutes celebrating the event in a big way are presented "Social Responsibility Award" at the AIMS Convention.
Financial Assistance to Member Institutes
AIMS is providing financial assistance to member institutes (life and annual) for conducting various national and international seminars/workshops/conferences/faculty development programs, etc.
AIMS brings out a quarterly Newsletter which informs members of the events that take place in member institutions, across the country.
AIMS and International Networks
AIMS works in close collaboration with a large number of Management Schools Networks in the world. Particular mention may be made of:
1. European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
2. Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB)
3. Association of Management Development Institutes in South Asia (AMDISA)
4. Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
AIMS signed a five-year Reciprocal Membership Agreement with ACBSP, AMDISA and EFMD to seek opportunities to jointly organize conferences of mutual interest and also work in other areas.